My goals for this past week’s writing retreat were:
- Finish the last scene in “The Slow Apocalypse”, first draft
- 1,500−2,000 words a day in either Translations or “Dried Flowers”
- Photos of the Milky Way (possibly a video) and Comet NEOWISE
- Photos of the countryside
- Daily bike ride
- Some kayaking
Let’s see how I did.
- I finished “The Slow Apocalypse” on my first evening
- I wrote 13,000 words between Translations, aka Daniel, Daniel, Daniel, and “Dried Flowers”
- I got all kinds of photos of the Milky Way and the comet—even on the nights where clouds were forecast, there was usually at least some time where the stars were visible
- I also took all kinds of photos in the daytime
- I rode my bike every day, for a total of over 60 km (which surprised me)
- And I went out in the kayak three times, covering about 10 km in the lake
So, on balance, that was a good week.
Series: Bike Ride PhotosThe entire series: Down by the river; Bike ride birds; The ex-garden and the weir; Snapshots of a ride; Across Town; Blackbird; North Hill campus; Lilacs and country roads; A pop of colour; Back lane flowers; More Brenizers; The river is high; A bird and a reflection; Rideau Park; Writing Retreat 2020, Day 7; Writing Retreat 2020: The Numbers; Storm damage, sunflowers; Eleanor Kidd gardens; Scenes from today’s ride; All right, autumn can be pretty.
Series: Writing Retreat 2020The entire series: Writing Retreat 2020; Writing Retreat 2020, Day 1 & 2; Writing Retreat 2020, Day 3; Writing Retreat, Day 4; Writing Retreat 2020, day 5; Writing Retreat 2020, Day 6; Writing Retreat 2020, Day 7; Writing Retreat 2020, Day 8; Writing Retreat 2020, Day 9; Writing Retreat 2020: The Numbers.
Interested in prints of my photos? Let me know, and we can work something out.