Hi, I’m Patrick Johanneson.
I take a lot of photos, many of them after dark (I particularly like getting shots of the aurora and the Milky Way).
I write science fiction & fantasy. My work has been published in InterText, Ecclectica, On Spec, Tesseracts 14, and Daily Science Fiction. I won the Manitoba Short Fiction contest in ’04.
I have a blog:
- LilacsEphemeral and beautiful.
- Aurora: May 19–20, 2023It would’ve been even better if I wasn’t waiting on a tow truck.
- Early BirdIn case you slept through my Saturday morning interview with Shannah-Lee Vidal—or you’re not in CBC Manitoba’s broadcast area—here’s how the story went.
- Aurora, April 23, 2023Another brilliant show.
- In the paperOn the cover of an inside section, in fact.
I also enjoy website programming, teaching judo, Canadian and indie cinema, and Norse mythology. I live in Manitoba with my wife Kathleen.
Je sais parler français, mais… lentement. Je ne m’en sers pas beaucoup dans ma petite ville.
You can find me on Facebook and MastodonI used to use Twitter, but… well, you know.. I also very occasionally post photos on Instagram, but you’re more likely to find ’em here.
|↑1||I used to use Twitter, but… well, you know.|