- I lay awake from about 4 am till about 5:30 am thanks to a couple of thunderstorms passing through.
- In the morning, I biked about 6 km before it got overly hot.
- While I was out on my bike, I took photos for a couple of panoramas (one of which turned out as I’d hoped).
- I wrote 500 words in Daniel, Daniel, Daniel, did some preliminary editing of “The Slow Apocalypse” (though it might still be too early for me to work on this), and wrote 300 word in “Dried Flowers”.
- I read a few more chapters in The Wizard—as I approach the end, I’m torn between savouring it and finding out what happens next.
- I tried to come up with a coherent ending for Daniel, Daniel, Daniel, because while I know the final scene, I don’t have the story’s ending fully fleshed out yet. It’s a bit frustrating, frankly; I’m the kind of writer that needs a solid ending before I start a project. I thought I had it, but the characters are going their own ways.
- I noticed the sky had got quite colourful about 9:15 pm, and stepped outside in time to snap a photo of a lovely sunset. I only got bitten by 22 mosquitoes in the 5 minutes I was outside, too, so that’s a victory.
- About 11:45 I went and got some photos of Comet NEOWISE and the northern lights. (And another couple dozen bug bites.)
- And I managed to catch the International Space Station as it went overhead, even though it tried to hide behind a cloud.
All in all, a good Friday, even if it was a bit too hot to even think straight. (No sweeter sin than air conditioning, I tell you.)
Series: Bike Ride PhotosThe entire series: Down by the river; Bike ride birds; The ex-garden and the weir; Snapshots of a ride; Across Town; Blackbird; North Hill campus; Lilacs and country roads; A pop of colour; Back lane flowers; More Brenizers; The river is high; A bird and a reflection; Rideau Park; Writing Retreat 2020, Day 7; Writing Retreat 2020: The Numbers; Storm damage, sunflowers; Eleanor Kidd gardens; Scenes from today’s ride; All right, autumn can be pretty; Bike ride, April 10, 2021; Bike ride wildlife; Bike ride, May 16, 2021; Some flowers for you; Lilacs; Under the bridge; A fence, a tree, and the sky; Turtle Crossing; Cemetery critters; On Reflection; Weekend rides; Upon Reflection; Deer and paparazzi; September Bike Ride; Corn & Sunset; On Reflection: Oct. 1st; Autumn Trees; A bit of graffiti; November bike ride; Geese; Day 30; Quack quack; Skinny deer; Monday bike ride; Saturday snaps; Deer + Flowers.
Series: Writing Retreat 2020The entire series: Writing Retreat 2020; Writing Retreat 2020, Day 1 & 2; Writing Retreat 2020, Day 3; Writing Retreat, Day 4; Writing Retreat 2020, day 5; Writing Retreat 2020, Day 6; Writing Retreat 2020, Day 7; Writing Retreat 2020, Day 8; Writing Retreat 2020, Day 9; Writing Retreat 2020: The Numbers.
Interested in prints of my photos? Let me know, and we can work something out.