- wrote 1,100 words in the morning (eventually)
- went for a 11 km bike ride (top speed, coming down a hill: 48.5 km/h)
- while out riding, I took photos using only my lesser-used lenses (the Lensbaby 2.0 I bought from my hairdresser and the Soligor 35mm f/2.8 I bought at the 2019 Dunrea Flea Market)
This reinforces my previous experience with the Lensbaby lens: it’s great for macro shots, like the one with the single stalk of flowers against the grass, but in most other uses it reduces most if not all of the frame to an impressionistic blur. If that’s your aesthetic, great, but more often than not I’m disappointed in the photos I take with it.
It’s still fun to play with, though.
- wrote 1,000 more words before supper (a lot of conversation; stories being told)
- evaded clouds and fog (oh my so much fog — I had to change locations 3 times because fog rolled in) to capture shots of Comet NEOWISE and the Milky Way
The bluer photo of the comet, the close-up, was taken with my 50mm f/1.8 lens. Look closely, and you’ll find I caught both tails. You might have to view the photo at full size.
As always: if you’re interested in prints of any of these photos, let me know. We’ll see what we can work out.