How’d I do against my goals?
- write at least 10,000 words in “Dried Flowers”: Check. The novel went from 33,000 words to 45,000.
- get some astrophotography done. Check: see below.
- read some books. I read the last chapter in Fugitive Telemetry, the last 6 chapters in The Book of the New Sun, and made my way a bit over half-way through Catch-22. Also, I borrowed the next Sandman collection from one of the library’s online resources, and read a couple chapters in it.
- ride my bike. A little; one 6km ride and a few quick runs across the dam into town to go to the coffee shop, so as to use their wifi.
- go kayaking. I got out on the water on Thursday and Friday, for a total of about 8½km.
- relax. Yes? I had a hard time sleeping past 7 am, but otherwise it was a relaxing week.
All in all, this was a good retreat. As always, I wish it had been longer, but you know what they say: so it goes.
Series: Writing Retreat 2022The entire series: Writing Retreat 2022: Goals; Writing Retreat 2022: Monday; Writing Retreat 2022: Tuesday; Writing Retreat 2022: Wednesday; Writing Retreat 2022: Thursday; Writing Retreat 2022: Friday; Writing Retreat 2022: Wrap-up.
Interested in prints of my photos? Let me know, and we can work something out.