…or is that 40 odd etc? You be the judge. Just as long as you’re not jury and executioner too.
Enough blather. Here we go:
1. What time did you get up this morning? 7:45 AM.
2. Diamonds or Pearls? Which one’s going for more these days?
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Children of Men. Awesome film, but the book’s kind of a little dull. Tonight we’re going to see 300.
4. What is your favorite TV show? Comedy: Corner Gas. Drama: Battlestar Galactica. News: The Hour with George Stroumboulopoulos.
5. What did you have for breakfast? Cereal, a banana, and OJ.
6. What is your middle name? James.
7. What is your favorite cuisine? Italian.
8. What foods do you dislike? Turnips. Borscht. Cauliflower. his is the true axis of evil, my friends.
9. Your favorite Potato chip? Pringles, I would have to say, followed by Old Dutch.
10. What cd have you been listening to lately? I’ve ripped a whole bunch of CDs to MP3, and so my mix is made up of things like Faith No More, Primus, Rob Zombie, the smalls, Corb Lund, and the Lost Highway soundtrack. I’ve ordered Beautiful South’s best-of CD, Solid Bronze, and it is apparently on its way west from TO even as we “speak”.
11. What kind of car do you drive? Ford Escort.
12. Favorite sandwich? Open-faced hot beef sandwich. With mashed potatoes on the side.
13. What characteristics do you despise? Whatever it is that makes people care about celebrities more than they care about their own family.
14. What are your favorite clothes? Jeans and cotton shirts or tee shirts. (Here I’m cloning Doug’s answer, because it’s exactly mine anyways.)
15. If you would go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? I’d love to see Iceland, especially to visit the original Þingvellir.
16. Favorite brand of clothing? Inasmuch as I have a favourite, it’d be Levi’s jeans.
17. Where would you want to retire? Gimli has a strong appeal to it.
18. Favorite time of day? About five minutes after I get home from work.
19. Where were you born? Canada.
20. What is your favorite sport to watch? Judo, I suppose. Does MXC count as a sport?
21. Who do you think will not send this back? Irrelevant question since Iâ€™m not sending this to anyone. If you like the meme, pick it up.
22. Person you expect to send it back first? Huh?
23. Pepsi or Coke? Coke, all the way.
24. Beavers or Ducks? If I don’t say “Beavers” they revoke my Canadian citizenship. I think. I’m not about to test their patience.
25. Are you a morning person or night owl? Mornings are what they call a “necessary evil”. Emphasis on the evil.
26. Pedicure or Manicure? Uh… I use nail clippers instead of my teeth, does that count?
27. Any new and exciting news youâ€™d like to share? Not overly.
28. What did you want to be when you were little? Thank to the TV show Emergency! I wanted to be a fireman–I think it was the sirens on the trucks. Then I discovered reading, and through it I discovered writing, and things were never the same since.
29. What is your best childhood memory? Climbing trees in the neighbours’ yard.
30. Ever been toilet papering? Nope.
31. Been in a car accident? Only minor ones. By which I mean, nothing Autopac had to be notified about.
32. Favorite restaurant? The Double Decker tavern, but I don’t seem to go very often.
33. Favorite flower? Stargazer lily.
34. Favorite ice cream? Soft ice cream from the Velvet Dip. Best ice cream ever, but possibly the most unfortunate initials.
35. Favorite fast food restaurant? McDonald’s, even though I know it’s baaaaaaad for me. Them fries have a hold on me.
36. How many times did you fail your drivers test? Once. I hit a post on the parallel parking test.
37. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? Probably McNally Robinson.
38. Who are you most curious about their responses to this? You.
39. Last person you went to dinner with? Dinner like supper, or dinner like lunch? I went to supper with my wife Kathleen; I went to lunch with my friend Kevin.
40. How many tattoos do you have? Zero and counting.
41. How many people are you sending this to? Anyone with a web browser, I suppose. In theory.
42. What time did you finish this
e‑mail blog post? 11:13 PM.
44. If you could meet any famous person, who would it be? I have no idea. Is Michael Swanwick considered famous? William Gibson?
45. If you could choose another first name, what would it be? I know a guy that named his son “Odin” (the boy goes by his middle name, though). I think that would be a cool name. But I’m not sure I’m up to putting out an eye in exchange for wisdom, or piercing myself with a spear and hanging from Yggdrasil for nine nights.
46. If you could change your profession right now, what would you be doing? Writing full-time and pulling in the money to support some nerd habits.