It seems I’m a bit behind on the ol’ posts. Here’s a quick recap of Wednesday to Friday:
- wrote a bunch of words, though I’m a bit behind my goal;
- went on a couple quick bike rides, including one up the hill to the graveyard (where I was tempted to lie down, just for a moment, because that’s quite the hill) and the observation tower;
- contemplated going kayaking but decided I was overheated, so went swimming instead to cool down;
- drove to Winnipeg for my nephew’s 19th birthday;
- also went up to Clear Lake to visit my friend Tim;
- and went out again on Friday night to attempt some Milky Way shots.
This one was taken with my camera’s phone, using “Pro” mode, which lets you mess with exposure, aperture, all the fun stuff. (I got to show Tim how to turn on Pro mode on his phone, too.)
By the time I got set up on Friday night to take photos, the clouds, which had parted, had started to roll back in. The above photo is one of the first I snapped. By the time I packed up, about twenty minutes later, my photos were just orange-tinged cloud. (I’m not entirely happy with the processing on this one; it looks a bit lurid to my eye. But that could be the fault of the orange cloud at the bottom, and there’s not much I can do with that.)
Header photo: 50mm, f/1.8, 1/4000 second exposure, with a polarizing filter to bring out the clouds. (Sometime I want clouds, sometimes I don’t.)
Series: Writing Retreat 2019The entire series: Writing Retreat 2019; Writing Retreat 2019, Day 1; Writing Retreat 2019, Day 2; Writing Retreat: Days 3 through 5; Writing Retreat, Day 6.
Interested in prints of my photos? Let me know, and we can work something out.