- September 13th is my anniversary.
- 13 Engines’ Perpetual Motion Machine, alt-rock from 1994, rocks.
- Half of the Friday the 13ths that fall are paydays for me.
- The other half are not.
- But that’s okay because my wife’s payday is offset from mine by a week.
- Hercules, a well-known and easy-to-find constellation in these northern latitudes, contains the globular cluster M13.
- There’s at least one hotel in Winnipeg whose floor numbers skip from 12 to 14, omitting 13.
- My most recent address was Apartment 31. The apartment numbers on the second floor went 11, 12, 31, 14. I suspect they swapped the digits, what do you think?
- Before I could move into the apartment, workmen had to clean up and touch up the ceiling. The whole ceiling came down as they worked on it, which meant that they had to re-do the whole shootin’ match. Fortunately, I was moving from a one-bedroom apartment to a two-BR in the same building, which meant I didn’t have two landlords to deal with.
- Up until that point, I’d never viewed 13 as particularly unlucky. (I still don’t, really. People who let numbers rule their lives are rather nineteen.)
- My wife’s reading Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events. Book 12 was titled The Penultimate Peril, which leads me to believe that the 13th book will end the series.
- The Goblin King’s clock in Labyrinth has 13 hours.
- And who can forget Homer, peering at the mis-printed calendar on the 13th hour of the 13th day of the 13th month, and muttering “Lousy Smarch weather”? Not I, apparently.
[ps] You can tell I’m not an American because it only now, hours later, occurs to me that there’s 13 bars in the old stars ‘n’ bars. (That, and my insistence on inserting that “extra” u in words like colour and vapour.)
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
- Doug’s movie quotes game
- Darla’s Towel Day 13
- Jayne misses junk food
- Urban Mummy’s list of ideas
- Post a note in the comments, and I’ll add you here.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. Itâ€™s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants