But which books? See if you can guess… (Hint: They’re mostly SF.)
- The road to Hell is paved with frozen door-to-door salesmen, and no one knows why.
- Forcing grunts to swear at their superior officers is a stupid way to build morale.
- If everything is infinitely improbable, then everything is equally probable.
- If the Fast Burn is itself transcendent, and unhappy with the direction of the channedring, it may attempt to hide the jumpoff birthinghel. Also: Hexapodia is the key insight.
- Grey-green alien skin requires a lot of soap.
- Even missing the index and middle fingers of his right hand, Roland is a hell of a shot.
- Give praise to the day at evening, to a blade when tried, and to ice when over it.
- “Anathema” looks like a girl’s name if you’ve never read a dictionary.
- If your full name has twelve words in it, most people will forgive you if you go by “Phaethon”.
- If your full name is “Hiro Protagonist”, you can bet your parents had some kind of weird relationship.
- One does not outrun a substance that explodes at 15,000 feet per second. Also, if you’re counting on the police to save you, best not to antagonize them while you’re sitting on a bomb.
- “Chuck” and “toss” are perfectly valid instructions in a cookbook.
- No matter how interesting the many-universes-bridged-by-jump-gates premise may be, I can only read a book with that many near-rape scenes once. And it was a rough slog at that.
These are all off the top of my head, by the way. And yes, some are repeats.